By the time of their graduation, UPRM students will be able to:
- Communicate effectively.
- Identify and solve problems, think critically, and synthesize knowledge appropriate to their discipline.
- Apply mathematical reasoning skills, scientific inquiry methods, and tools of information technology.
- Apply ethical standards.
- Recognize the Puerto Rican heritage and interpret contemporary issues.
- Appraise the essential values of a democratic society.
- Operate in a global context, relate to a societal context, and demonstrate respect for other cultures.
- Develop an appreciation for the arts and humanities.
- Recognize the need to engage in life-long learning.